Maycomb Tribute Editorial by Mr. Underwood

I personally think the having a riot is wrong. I understand why some people thought a riot would help. They fell like a riot will end the problems for the entire town. But, I’m going to tell you why a riot will only cause more problems. Every person deservers to have their voice herd, every person has the right to a fair trial that shouldn’t change just because of the color of their skin. It’s not right to take away people’s rights because he if a different color.

Like I stated before, a riot is no way to solve anything, it will only cause problems. The only thing a riot will do is prevent the town from knowing the truth of what happen. Now I do understand the other side, people fell that there is no point in a trial. They fell like he’s going to get convicted and hung anyways, so what’s the point in waiting. They feel like he has done a terrible wrong. But maybe he is innocent and if we kill him now we may never know the truth. Plus if you fell like he is going to get killed anyways then why not let him have his day in court and hear what he has to say.

Would you like it if you were supposed to go to court and the night before you were murdered by a mob? I know I personally would not like that one bit. Would you like it if you never got to say your side of things? Probably not you like everyone else would want to be heard.

So let me end with this America was built so everyone could live a free life, and be treated equal. Not giving this man his trial is taking his rights away. Do you want to be the one responsible for that?

Be the first to comment